Ok. I have enver had installation issues with CF before that I could not
figure out in a minute or two, but this one has me stumped.

I had CFMX 6.1 installed and Blackstone Alpah. Both worked fine together as
long as only one service was on at once... no big deal. I install the CFMX
6.1 updater and then neither work. So looking around I see that IIS keeps
stopping the default website, odd.

I mess around with it for a few minutes and notice that the local directory
showing up in IIS for CFIDE is appearing as D:\\CFIDE (yes the double slash
is there). Weird. Now I change it to D:\CFIDE and restart the website, and
low and behold IIS stops the site again.

In the event viewer I see a bunch of errors relating to:

Volume Shadow Copy Service error: Unexpected error calling routine
IEventSystem::Query.  hr = 0x80040155.

Application image dump failed.
Server Application ID: {02D4B3F1-FD88-11D1-960D-00805FC79235}
Server Application Instance ID:
{EAA87F12-702C-4440-BA77-06AF6CA5F78A}
Server Application Name: System Application
Error Code = 0x80004005 : Unspecified error
COM+ Services Internals Information:
File: d:\qxp_slp\com\com1x\src\shared\util\svcerr.cpp, Line: 1259
Comsvcs.dll file version: ENU 2001.12.4414.258 shp

I then uninstalled CFMX 6.1 and Blackstone Alpha and just reinstalled CFMX
6.1 and the same thing happens. The CFIDE is mapped to D:\\CFIDE and IIS
keeps stopping the site and the above errors keep appearing in the event
viewer.

Anyone have any suggestions?

OS: Windows XP Pro (SP2)
CFMX 6.1 Developer Install (server installation)
Blackstone Alpha

Thanks,

Mike