I bet you have a more then one set of cfoutput tags nested.
<cfoutput>
<cfquery ...>
    SELECT Email
    FROM table
</cfquery>

<cfoutput query="query">
    #Email#<br>
</cfoutput>

</cfoutput>

In cf5 having a output nested in side of the an output would throw an error.
If CFMX it does a strange form of looping.

MB

Mark W. Breneman
-Cold Fusion Developer
-Network Administrator