> Don�t mean to point out the obvious but that�s the best
> place to start

> Was it happening before the update?

> Are you sure event viewer has nothing about the service?

> Have you checked your listener.log file?

D'oh! ... Nothing in the listener.log file about it shutting down,
just info about it starting up. Event viewer is less than helpful. I
have this in the system log:

The OracleOraHome92TNSListener service terminated unexpectedly.  It
has done this 1 time(s).  The following corrective action will be
taken in 0 milliseconds: Restart the service.

I edited the service to restart itself 0 minutes after every
failure... Not the best solution, especially given that this will fill
up my system log rather quickly, but it's what works at the moment.

The experts exhange link you posted is still a bit over my head at
this point. Thanks for the info tho. :)

I wasn't able to get MX to connect to Oracle prior to the update (even
when I knew the tns service was running), although I did change some
of my dsn settings after the update to finally get connected, so in
all honesty I'm not sure if it would have behaved like this before the
update.

s. isaac dealey     954.927.5117
new epoch : isn't it time for a change?

add features without fixtures with
the onTap open source framework

http://www.sys-con.com/story/?storyid=44477&DE=1
http://www.sys-con.com/story/?storyid=45569&DE=1
http://www.fusiontap.com
[Todays Threads] [This Message] [Subscription] [Fast Unsubscribe] [User Settings] [Donations and Support]

Reply via email to