Chris,

Thanks for this message.  Unfortunately, I am getting a connection error.  I
am guessing that something about the set-up I am using doesn't allow this
approach?  I am going from one company to another, across at least one
firewall.  I probably have another solution, but in the interest of
understanding CFHTTP a little bit better, is it likely that the connection
error comes from going through these firewalls or some similar network
issue?

Thanks,
Matthieu

You would want to do something similar to this:

<!--- Send form fields --->
<cfhttp url="" method="post">
<cfhttpparam type="formfield" name="variableName"
value="#variableValue#">
<cfhttpparam type="formfield" name="variable2Name"
value="#variable2Value#">
</cfhttp>

<!--- Output action page --->
<cfoutput>#cfhttp.FileContent#</cfoutput>