Just out of curiosity, who prefixes their variables with a data type
abbreviation...

integer - intVariableName
numeric - numVariableName
string - strVariableName
structure - stcVariableName
array - arrVariableName
object - objVariableName
query - qryVariableName
etc...

We are ever expanding our best practices and guideline documents and
this is an agenda point up for discussion soon... I want to some in with
some pros and cons.
At first glance, the code becomes more descriptive but I do see and have
run into, many problems such as passing around URL params.. do you
really want to give anymore information than necessary into the type of
data within a variable? What about if you encrypt variables?... The
number 1 could be viewed as URL.intSomeId but once encrypted it is no
longer an interger it is a string URL.strSomeId, this only touches the
tip here.

Anyone have anything to offer on this topic?

Thanks.

Mike