I have an application where the user selects a record via a key
lookup, and then that record is displayed individually.  From there I
want to be able to click a '<' button to go to the previous record in
the sequence, or a '>' to go to the next record, and continue to
select records via this method as an alternative to the key lookup.

I did this in an entirely different environment where I was able to
use native controls that allowed straight up SELECT NEXT and SELECT
PREVIOUS commands, where I was also able to throw those commands into
a loop for fast forward and rewind as well.  Don't expect to get that
in the web world, but I need the next/previous.

I think I can come up with something, but the convolutions necessary
to make it work are making my head hurt.  Is there something simple
and obvious I have missed on this (for me) Sunday morning?.

--
--Matt Robertson--
President, Janitor