I've done something similar to this already, actually. However, for one site
in particular, I need to take ColdFusion out of the equation. I need to let
the Web server handle 404 errors for that site.

It used to be the case that you could simply tick off the "Check that file
exists" box and be done with it. However, with the wildcard mapping, this
doesn't seem to be the case anymore.

To be honest, this is the first time I've noticed the wildcard mapping. I'm
a little uneasy with the thought that JRun will be invoked at least at some
level for static html pages. That just seems like a huge surface area and a
possible source of conflicts.

So, at least part of the reason I'm asking at this point is that I'm
interested in eliminating the wildcard mapping altogether. Unfortunately, I
can't find any documentation on it so I'm not sure why it exists.

Ben Rogers
http://www.c4.net
v.508.240.0051
f.508.240.0057