I'm trying to track down a serious bug on our website, which is really
starting to annoy me.

Basic rundown:  We have two servers, a development server and a
production server.  The directory structure is identical in both servers
(with the exception of some permissions issues which should not be
relevant).

In both servers, there is a form called something like:

page1.cfm

In page1.cfm, there is a form which calls, as its action, page2.cfm.
Page2.cfm does not exist on either server.

So why should the form work on the development server and not the
production server?  Why should it work at all?  There *is* a page to
process the form, called formDo.cfm, but page2.cfm doesn't exist.

Worse, when I view the source on the processed form after the form has
been submitted, the page name is given as page2.cfm, in the same
directory as page1.cfm.  The form tag simply refers to page2.cfm, with
no directory structure.

I hope I've made this dilemma clear.  It's really confusing, especially
since the developer only tested on the development server and not the
production server, so the problem wasn't caught until after we went live.

Thoughts?  Solutions?  Sympathy?

--
Richard S. Crawford
Programmer III