From: Ian Skinner [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, January 27, 2005 1:06 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: RE: OT SQL date/time default

That is probably your problem.  I presume that form.formdate is a text field.
And a empty text field is '' which is completely different then NULL.  So you
are inserting a value into the date field, a value of an empty string, but a
value none the less.

For situations like this and many other good reasons you should read up on the
<cfqueryparam> tag.

To fix your date issue trying changing this line

...'#form.formdate#',

<cfqueryparam value="#form.formdate#" cfsqltype="cf_sql_date"
null="#yesNoFormat(NOT len(trim(form.formdate)))#">

Now looking at your code example, you seem to be inserting your date as a
string, not a date?  Is the field in the database a date field or a
char|varchar field?

PS you should change your other inserts to queryparams as well.

Ian Skinner
Web Programmer
BloodSource
www.BloodSource.org
Sacramento, CA

"C code. C code run. Run code run. Please!"
- Cynthia Dunning