Is it really missing files or is it just suffering from the 6.1 Updater bug
that fails to recognize the CFIDE location? If you're seeing this bug,
you'll get an error about a missing tag lib having to do with
internationalization, if I remember correctly.

It happened to me with a J2EE install. I upgraded to Windows XP recently and
installed ColdFusion 6.1. The CFIDE ran. I know because you have to log in
to finish the install. I applied the updater (not 5 minutes after the
install) and the administrator died with the aforementioned error.

Anyway, this particular error has been discussed in CF-Talk, and the MM
forums (searchable via groups.google.com). Basically, the updater puts half
its files in the wrong location (either under C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\ or
C:\JRun4\servers\cfusion\cfusion-ear\cfusion-war).

Ben Rogers
http://www.c4.net
v.508.240.0051
f.508.240.0057