Damien McKenna wrote:
> I'm using innerHTML() to append fields to a form, its working pretty
> well so far.  Except for one biggie.  When I use innerHTML() the
> information already filled into the form is cleared.  Is there any way
> around this, beyond storing and re-inserting the data into the fields in
> my script?  Thanks.

Damien:

While I've never heard that this is how it works, it makes sense that using
the innerHTML property to add form fields would blank out other form fields.
The innerHTML property stores the HTML definitions of the form fields and
does not include their current state.  Setting the property equal to itself
appended by some other value would essentially reset the existing form
fields to their initial state/value.

Your best bet may be to store the field values before overwriting innerHTML
and then reset them.  You should be able to write/find some JavaScript code
that loops over the form fields and sets/gets their values.

--
Mosh Teitelbaum
evoch, LLC