My understanding is that RDS is only used for the creation of the reports,
the .cfr files shouldn't need RDS.

- Calvin

-----Original Message-----
From: Phillip Duba [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, March 23, 2005 10:03 AM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: RDS and ColdFusion Report Builder

I've asked this on another forum, but thought I'd post hear since the
the report builder for the last few weeks. I have one question about RDS and
its use within a report once its been posted to a server (accessed through
CFREPORT tag). If RDS is turned off in our production environment, will
queries built using the Query Builder fail? Also, can the Advanced tab of
the Report Builder be utilized to place a variable in the datasource
attribute as sometimes we change our datasources from development through
production? I guess, in summary, is the role of RDS primarily for developing
and not for executing the output of the report? I remember asking this
question at MAX and got a vague answer at best on it. Thanks,

Phil