I read that paper, and still would like to have an option for automatic
locking. Maybe add an attribute to the cfapplication tag:  automatic
locking: on |off
    The development time saved on it will more than offset the cost of a
faster processor needed for the 2 or 3 microseconds added to each template
that will be wasted:)  And if you have a transaction problem or a
performance problem, you can do it manually. The best of both worlds.
     I think this one issue is what made  Turbobasic and quickbasic such a
hit in the 80s and early 90s and VB now. You didn't have to worry about nit
picky little things that could crash your program, but which would be
easily automated.  Developers were free to just worry about the logic.

Do you agree with Allaire's reasoning?
   (By the way - I am a big fan of CF from way back in the 2.0 years..

Al Musella
a1webs.com

Yes, they explained why.  See Allaire's recent paper,