You seem to be going out of the way and way off the topic of the question to
prove that it's okay to use your methods Jochem. No one said it wasn't okay.
My point was that if he's having trouble with something that shouldn’t be
hard, then break it down to its simplest form and give every column its own
purpose.

> Not at all, you can link tables in many ways:

No, I'm pretty sure that relating columns is the only way to link tables to
one another.

> I always get annoyed if people write something I don't
> understand. Especially if there is little explanation when asked.

I'm sorry, but I don’t know how else to explain it. The phrase, "Easier that
it already is", is hardly 'street language' and can't be easier to
understand than it already is.  :)

Unless it’s a solution to the original question, which I've seen no one else
offer yet, I say we drop this topic all together. Especially since Jeff
hasn't bothered to give us more input. This thread is becoming more and more
useless with every rebuttal and we are just adding more keywords to the
archives that point to a pointless debate.

<cf_duckout>