Dick, I think you need to spend a bit of time looking at new techniques that
are being used in fusebox.  I have similar logic solutions in fusebox, mine
are just more readable.

I generally use the javascript for form validation, and the same fuseaction
with the same forms to validate any validation that is logic related. This
makes my display templates smaller therefore easier to read and any
validation logic beyond form validation is done in a act_ template.  What
you are doing makes one monolithic template which would be hard to read by
another developer.

With your cybercash scenario,  all you need is a switch to handle the error
or response from cybercash and cflocation changing the fuseaction. On a
timeout, you simply decide how many times you want to try the request and
reset the counter on each attempt then cflocation them to whatever logic you
have for cybercash being down.

e.g..,

<cflocation url="index.cfm?fuseaction=whatever">

So far all of the people that are not fans of fusebox simply do not know how
to use it and have spent no time reading the documentation or researching
its implementation.  Do any of you have any real problems with fusebox?