Afternoon all,

Has anyone had any success creating password-proteced ZIP files through
ColdFusion?  I have a nice little java routine to create non-protected
ZIP files, but java doesn't support encrypting them.

I've tried using a number of external programs and had issues with them
all:

WinZIP + command line extension
-------------------------------
Simply doesn't run -- works fine directly from the command line but just
creates a temp file and then times out when run from CF.

  <cfexecute
     name="c:\path\to\wzzip.exe"
     arguments="-a -p -r -spass out.zip c:\file\path\*"
     timeout="30" />

WinRAR
------
Only seems creates a RAR file, despite the docs saying that if you
specify an output file of .zip it should create a ZIP file.

  <cfexecute
     name="c:\path\to\rar.exe"
     arguments="a -ed -ep1 -r -ppass out.zip c:\file\path\*"
     timeout="30" />

Zip 2.31 from Info-ZIP [http://short.badpen.com/?KYTEY780]
The closest I've got -- the ZIP file is created and protected correctly,
but I can't see any option to remove the extra path information.

  <cfexecute
     name="c:\path\to\zip.exe"
     arguments="-q -r -P pass out.zip c:\file\path\*"
     timeout="30" />

The problem I have is that I need to recurse into the directory and
store everything in the relative paths, but I don't want the original
base path added too.

For example, using the code above I'd get something like the following:
  file/path/subpath/file.txt
  file/path/subpath/another.txt
  file/path/subpath2/2.txt

When what I want is:
  subpath/file.txt
  subpath/another.txt
  subpath2/2.txt

Anyone got any suggestions with this quandry?

Thanks,

Tim.

Badpen Tech - CF and web-tech: http://tech.badpen.com/
    RAWNET LTD - independent digital media agency
    "We are big, we are funny and we are clever!"
     New site launched at http://www.rawnet.com/
This message may contain information which is legally
privileged and/or confidential.  If you are not the
intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any
unauthorised disclosure, copying, distribution or use
of this information is strictly prohibited. Such
notification notwithstanding, any comments, opinions,
information or conclusions expressed in this message
are those of the originator, not of rawnet limited,
unless otherwise explicitly and independently indicated
by an authorised representative of rawnet limited.