Yes, and I was not clear enough in my description. I am talking about expanding
and collapsing the preferences within the example. I have no problem minimizing
and maximizing the browser window. My cpu's really do hard work when I
expand/collapse preferences/languages/about/feedback sections.

Flex really has potential, especially because as a developer you are able to
work on a single canvas level with drag and drop operations, and events. That
is definately a very very weak spot for Javascript equivalents and once XUL is
widely supported this will remain. But I think we need more CPU power to get
things like this performing better on Flex so that you really get an excellent
user experience without the feeling it sometimes feels so .. heavy. And
although it really looks nice, this interface is relatively simple with small
amounts of data, simple presentation and as far as I can see, a small amount of
dependencies inside the interface.

I personally would feel more for a mixed approach, where people use Flex/Flash
for the rich parts of the interface, and common markup/javascript for the
overall part.

ps. there is a minor bug when you drag n drop favorites within the pod to index
0.