No, it doesn't. 

What's I'm doing is locating coordinate points that are within a certain
range of a specified other point, hence the calculation. I have opted to
get SQL Server to find all the points within a box around the reference
point, and to do the squares calculation. Then I'm using QoQ to turn the
square subset into a circular subset around the reference point (so QoQ
no longer needs to calculate the Hypotenuse as it is one of the
columns).

I don't actually have any idea whether this is efficient as I don't have
enough data points to work with yet. Intuitively, I feel that getting
SQL Server to find the points in a box (simply using BETWEEN operators)
should perform better than asking it to calculate the hypotenuse for
every single record. I figure that this way it only needs to calculate
the hypotenuse for records within the box. 

-----Original Message-----
From: Short Fuse Media [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] 
Sent: Wednesday, 10 August 2005 3:45 a.m.
To: CF-Talk
Subject: Re: squares in QoQ

Haven't tested it, but does the Sqr function work in this case?

http://livedocs.macromedia.com/coldfusion/7/htmldocs/wwhelp/wwhimpl/js/h
tml/wwhelp.htm?href=00000870.htm

Erik Yowell
Short Fuse Media, Inc.

Matthew Walker wrote:

>I notice the power operator doesn't seem to work inside
>query-of-queries. For example:
>
> 
>
>WHERE (#params.x# - x)^2 + (#params.y# - y)^2 < #params.range^2#
>
> 
>
>The third one actually does work as CF evaluates it before processing
>the query code. The first and second don't work as they are part of the
>SQL. I can of course just use a multiplication operator. But I was
>wondering if there's any info about on what operators are supported  in
>QoQ (this is CF7). 
>
>
>
>



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|
Logware (www.logware.us): a new and convenient web-based time tracking 
application. Start tracking and documenting hours spent on a project or with a 
client with Logware today. Try it for free with a 15 day trial account.
http://www.houseoffusion.com/banners/view.cfm?bannerid=67

Message: http://www.houseoffusion.com/lists.cfm/link=i:4:214265
Archives: http://www.houseoffusion.com/cf_lists/threads.cfm/4
Subscription: http://www.houseoffusion.com/lists.cfm/link=s:4
Unsubscribe: http://www.houseoffusion.com/cf_lists/unsubscribe.cfm?user=89.70.4
Donations & Support: http://www.houseoffusion.com/tiny.cfm/54

Reply via email to