From: Seth Bienek <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: CF-Talk <cf-talk@houseoffusion.com>
Sent: Thu Aug 11 15:00:35 2005
Subject: Re: CFEclipse and FTP

I just installed a product called WebDrive that lets you map an FTP folder
as a "virtual drive" in Windoze.. I have read that there's a similar product
for NetWare users called "netdrive.exe" (which has to come off the Novell
resource disk), so that might be an option for NetWare users that have
access to said disk.

So I've been using WebDrive for a couple of days, and it seems to play
nicely with Eclipse, and I can now edit and save my files directly on the
development server via FTP, just like I had dreamweaver set up.  It even
saves a copy locally in a "synch" folder, so I have a local backup (works
just like DW's "upload on save" feature, same shortcut, CTRL-S).

I'm just now getting a chance to explore CF-Eclipse, since the only
practical I have had to my development environment is through ftp, and so
far I'm digging it.  My only complaint is that there doesn't seem to be an
easy way to switch between projects, which was trivial in DW, using the
dropdown above the resource tree in the Files tab.

That is all for now. :)

Seth