Hi All,

I am hoping that someone on this list has worked through this before I
reinvent the wheel.  We have a small content management system that we
have written that allows users to make changes to their site.  We would
like to add a new feature where users can create gateway for marketing.
When our users create a new page on our system the URL ends up being
www.ourdomain.com/index.cfm?pageid=111 (or what ever number).  Our issue
now is that we would like to make pages that easier to read and print on
advertising.  So for example if they create a page that is connect to
Marketing they would like to be able to access that page via
www.domain.com/marketing

The only way that I can see this working is to create an interface in my
CMS that would create a new folder in the webroot of thier choosing and
insert an index.cfm file in at folder with a <cflocation> tag point ing
to index.cfm?pageid=111 or whatever the url.

This solution would work, but would create a ton of folders in our
webroot, and we also have our own folders for the app there as well.  My
question is there a more elegant way of handling this problem?  We have
played with the idea of adding an Intelligent 404 page but part of the
goal is to have their stats package also track the accesses to these pages.

I was just wondering what other people are doing?  We are Using IIS as a
web server.

Thanks

Mike