From: Tom McNeer [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Fri 8/19/2005 5:21 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: Re: .NET suggestions

To Kevin and Matthew --

Thanks for the references.

To others, particularly Matt, since he's the one who raised the real issue --

I'm well aware of BD .NET and its advantages. I've had lunch with
Charlie Arehart and Brian O'Reilly. (And for that matter, Brian called
me a few minutes ago because of this post).

But while I wouldn't characterize the situation exactly as Matt did,
it does seem (at the moment) as if the determination is that the CF
code base will be replaced. I intend to discuss Blue Dragon as an
option with this client. But my current guess is that he will choose
to rewrite the applications to eliminate the CFML.

If that's the final decision, then we will need to be writing C#, I guess.

And if we get to that point -- does anyone else have any other
suggestions for the best books/courses/online resources?

--
Thanks,

Tom

Tom McNeer