Yeah, sound like in your case the DOS scenario was impractical... I've
set up some Dantz stuff too - works pretty well, but I prefer to see the
backup in its native form also

-----Original Message-----
From: Matt Robertson [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, August 25, 2005 7:51 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: Re: OT: Backup solution for small business?

My application was running for an office that had gone paperless. Stuff
comes in and is scanned into a holding area and eventually gets routed
(all
200dpi color scans). And gets printed to disk (.ps for permanent storage
and
...pdf for emailing) and later routed as well. Those 'temporary' files
all
accumulated on the backup and let me tell ya... we're talking gigabytes
of
crap over a couple of weeks. The whole backup was like 1/2 TB so I was
real
ready to move it off of DOS when I did.

I used Dantz Retrospect before that, and while it was a fine product I
just
do not like anything that stores files in its own format. I like native
storage and can't stand incremental file sets

--
--mattRobertson--
Janitor, MSB Web Systems