Sorry about that. I wasn’t aware it was that much different between
versions. Hope I didn't cause you any headache with the MX regex I posted.
 
..:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.:.
Bobby Hartsfield
http://acoderslife.com


-----Original Message-----
From: Ben Doom [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] 
Sent: Wednesday, October 26, 2005 1:46 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: Re: OT: Yet another regex question

Unfortunately, the CF5 regex engine is a bit lacking in some areas.  You 
can find the string with this:

id="[a-z0-9-]+"

Please note that that captures the id= and quotes as well.

At this point, you can either use the ReExtract function (found on 
CFLib.org) or extract the string manually.  ucase() the string, and 
re-insert into the original.

Also, if these text files are big, please keep in mind that CF5 had a 
pretty strict limit on the size of file it could work with -- I think 
for refind() it was around 20k, so you may need to split them up if 
they're big.

--Ben

Dave Francis wrote:
> Hi,
>     Sorry for OT, but stumped.
> 
>     I need a regex (or any CF5 solution) to change all uuid's within a txt
> file to uppercase. They are all in quotes and preceded by id=.
>     ie. id="38d4db48-7a05-491a-b258-675ddb02fd0e"
> 
> Thanks in advance to all and any advice
>             Dave
> 
> 
> 
> 
> 



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|
Logware (www.logware.us): a new and convenient web-based time tracking 
application. Start tracking and documenting hours spent on a project or with a 
client with Logware today. Try it for free with a 15 day trial account.
http://www.houseoffusion.com/banners/view.cfm?bannerid=67

Message: http://www.houseoffusion.com/lists.cfm/link=i:4:222377
Archives: http://www.houseoffusion.com/cf_lists/threads.cfm/4
Subscription: http://www.houseoffusion.com/lists.cfm/link=s:4
Unsubscribe: http://www.houseoffusion.com/cf_lists/unsubscribe.cfm?user=89.70.4
Donations & Support: http://www.houseoffusion.com/tiny.cfm/54

Reply via email to