There are user agent lists out there

http://www.psychedelix.com/agents1.html  for example.

You could run a report later and go against a table of useragents

-----Original Message-----
From: Claude Schneegans [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Sunday, October 30, 2005 5:15 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: Re: How to recognize robots

 >>The good ones identify themselves.

Ok, and how do they do that?

If a series of page requests from the same agent/ip is showing a
different cfid/cftoken per request, then either its a user that does not
support cookies (even session ones) or its a bot.

Well, actually not really easy to implement ;-/

The reason I ask, is that I just implemented some statistics facility on
some of my customers sites. This will count all hits, including those
from robots, so I'd like to be able to discriminates visitors hits from
others.

Thanks.

--
REUSE CODE! Use custom tags;