Quick question:

Will CF7 work on a 64-bit processor running with a 32-bit OS?

I have an AMD Opteron (64-bit) processor and am running Red Hat
Enterprise Linux ES 3 *in 32 bit mode*.

Yesterday, after fighting against it, I discovered that CF will not work
on a 64-bit OS: I was having the problem as described on this technote:
http://www.macromedia.com/go/baec9c0c (nice that this wasn't highlighted
earlier)  So the OS was rekicked into 32-bit mode, but now I'm getting
the following error:

[EMAIL PROTECTED] root]# ./coldfusion-701-lin.bin
Preparing to install...
Extracting the JRE from the installer archive...
The included VM could not be extracted. Please try to download
the installer again and make sure that you download using 'binary'
mode.  Please do not attempt to install this currently downloaded copy.

Yesterday, at least this installed, but wouldn't run.  Now, it's not
even installing.

So, do I need to replace the hardware?

Thanks,

Tim.

Badpen Tech - CF and web-tech: http://tech.badpen.com/
    RAWNET LTD - independent digital media agency
    "We are big, we are funny and we are clever!"
     New site launched at http://www.rawnet.com/
This message may contain information which is legally
privileged and/or confidential.  If you are not the
intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any
unauthorised disclosure, copying, distribution or use
of this information is strictly prohibited. Such
notification notwithstanding, any comments, opinions,
information or conclusions expressed in this message
are those of the originator, not of rawnet limited,
unless otherwise explicitly and independently indicated
by an authorised representative of rawnet limited.