> I don't agree with this because CNAME records pointed
> to A records make it easier to change IP addresses
> for said A records.  One scenario would be 10 A records

For people manually managing zone files, I suppose this could make life
easier.  I run my own DNS hosting service that uses variables for IP
addresses and generates the zones, so it isn't an issue for me personally.
My reasoning is based on minimizing the number of lookups that need to be
done.  As a rule I try to avoid them within the same zone for that reason.
It's really not a big enough issue to argue about, so to each their own :).

-Justin Scott