iMS is basically a collection of services to deal with the movement of mail in and out. The actual work of parsing and delivery of the mail is handled by a scripting language such as CF. That being said, I believe the core iMS files does have the ability to handle standard mailing lists. Howie is on the list and will be able to answer specifically or to contact you privately. I'm really thinking about writing a public listserver application for the community based on my current code base. Maybe after my end of year donation run. :)
> IMS isn't really a list server, is it? The product details for IMS say > "unlimited mailing lists" but I can't find any other information about > it.. it comes with POP3, SMTP, POST, and RELAY servers. There's nothing > in any of the documentation that I can find. > > The product details for Fusionmail list "Announcement Lists" but not > discussion lists.... > > You could, of course, build a list server interface, but I don't think > that's what the original poster was looking for. > > I've done a lot of research on the whole listserv thing recently - and I > started to build my own, using a coldfusion gateway among other things > to handle the retrieval of incoming mail from the mail server.. but > after a while decided that we'd be best served by just sticking with our > current listserv solution - which is MDaemon. Supports ODBC mailing > lists, and the list data files are actually plain text which suits are > needs because we have some mailing lists that are generated by our > mainframe and then FTPed over to the mail server. > > rick > > ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~| Find out how CFTicket can increase your company's customer support efficiency by 100% http://www.houseoffusion.com/banners/view.cfm?bannerid=49 Message: http://www.houseoffusion.com/lists.cfm/link=i:4:226426 Archives: http://www.houseoffusion.com/cf_lists/threads.cfm/4 Subscription: http://www.houseoffusion.com/lists.cfm/link=s:4 Unsubscribe: http://www.houseoffusion.com/cf_lists/unsubscribe.cfm?user=11502.10531.4 Donations & Support: http://www.houseoffusion.com/tiny.cfm/54

