From: Nomad [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, December 15, 2005 11:49 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: Group Query help.

Hello!
How do I limit the number of rows returned per group in a grouped query.
My query:
Select pid, Details, Brand  from Products group by brand order by price

This query returns:

pid                     Details                 Brand
1                        abcd                    Macromedia
2                        efgh                     Macromedia
3                        efgh                     Corel
4                        abcf                     Corel
5                        errer                    Adobe

etc etc.

What I want to achieve is to limit the max number of rows returned per group
to say 5.
So if there are 10 Macromedia products in my db only 5 rows would show up.
Please note that my aim is not to limit the total number of rows returned
with a Top statement or similar.

Thanks in advance.

Ben

> Logware (www.logware.us): a new and convenient web-based time tracking
application. Start tracking and documenting hours spent on a project or with
a client with Logware today. Try it for free with a 15 day trial account.