Well obviously the error on installing the patch really sucks. Do you have
the ODBC services installed for sure? You should see it in your control
panel services app. Did you make sure to stop the server before applying the
patch? It might help to stop IIS as well. Do you need to use ODBC for your
database? If it's in the drop-down list when you create a new database,
those JDBC drivers are much better than ODBC.

What kind of database are you using? If it's Access, it sounds like you're
just growing too busy for it and you should really consider upgrading to
something like SQL Server or MySql. If it's something else, perhaps you can
download another JDBC driver for it and use that instead.

(the first step to fixing most ODBC problems is to switch to JDBC :)

-nathan strutz
http://www.dopefly.com/