From: Jordan Michaels [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Monday, March 27, 2006 1:49 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: Re: DB Pagination Question

Jim Curran wrote:

>what is the most efficient way to paginate through the results, without

>hogging memory or re-running the entire query for each page view?

Unfortunately, I believe those are your only two options. You either
cache the query into resident memory (memory hog) or you run the query
at each request.

You can do little things like adding the "MaxRows" attribute to your
query (which will lessen the amount of memory used per query), or using
views instead of joins (to improve query speed), but I know of no other
way to  accomplish what you're trying to do then with query caching or a
query on every page.

HTH!

--
Warm regards,