SSIS packages should not be foreign to you if you're used to DTS packages. Yes
it's a little different, but the interfaces are very similar to the way the old
DTS packages were. The only difference would be the editor which made things a
bit less user friendly. I'm used to using Visual Studio so this hasn't been
very difficult for me, once you get used to the interface it will become very
easy for you. It took me just a couple of hours to figure out how things work
with SSIS. The only thing I would like to find out now (once SSIS even works
for us) is how to get the packages saved in the database rather than as
physical files on the disk.

Bob