On 6/6/06, Graham Pearson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> When I try and view the report within the report browser I get the
> Report compilation error message. I have been searching the net for a
> solution on this for the past 3 days and have not found anything that
> solves this issue I am having.

Report compilation error is a problem in the CFR file itself. This
happens from time to time for no apparent reason - when saving a .CFR,
the Report Builder will sometimes insert something (it's a binary
file, remember) that the reporting engine doesn't like.

The only thing to do is go back to an earlier version of the file that
does work - after getting a report compilation error, I have never
been able to remove the error (again, probably because it's a binary
file). Make small changes, test often and keep incrememental backups.
There will be a new version of the builder and reporting fixes in the
7.0.2 updater.

HTH,
K.

--