Actually, I want to rewrite everything regardless of whether it's a
cfm page.  The problem is that only cfm pages redirect properly.  I
want '/ack/foo/blah' and '/ack/foo/blah.htm' to redirect in *addition*
to '/ack/foo/blah.cfm'.  Currently, only the latter redirection works
without the PT flag.

As for my current rules, the order of processing is important.  The
rules, processed in order, simply detect specific exclusions to the
policy of redirecting everything and if one of those rules is matched,
no redirection is performed and the rule evaluation is terminated.

Does that help any?