From this logic, you can write a cf layer to cache a small subset of this data
at a time.

-----Original Message-----
From: jjbgotty jjbgotty [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, July 05, 2006 1:23 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: CF crashing SQL 170K

Hi all, I have a database with 170K records. What I'm doing is using CF to
query this data with a blockfactor attribute.

  <cfquery name="qry_selectContacts" datasource="#getVars().dsn#"
blockfactor="#arguments.maxRows#">

  I have my loop doing.

  <cfloop query="qry_getRecords" startrow="#url.startRow#" endrow="#iif(not
isDefined('form.goToPage') and url.startRow eq 1 or (isDefined('form.goToPage')
and form.goToPage eq 1), de('#variables.maxRows#'),
de('#(url.startRow+(variables.maxRows-1))#'))#">

  Now my query is in an application cached component.

  SQL in this case is on the same machine.

  What seems to be happening when it doesn't crash is that the connection from
CF to the database (Driver?) is getting clogged up. CF returns the list
immediatelly as soon as the data is retrieved.

  Does anyone have any ideas on how I can speed up the process? I have a
feeling I need to do something in SQL but I don't know what to do. How come
with the blockfactor it still seems to be trying to retrieve all the data?

starting at 1ยข/min.