And images with relative paths will be relative to the CSS not the file that
include dthe CSS.
So you need to /images/filename.gif
If the css is not in the root directory.

Russ 

-----Original Message-----
From: Cutter (CFRelated) [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] 
Sent: 14 July 2006 16:25
To: CF-Talk
Subject: Re: OT: Firefox, background, SSL

I had similar issues and had to do some testing. The true question (to which
I don't remember the answer) is, does the relative path have to be relative
to the template linked to the css file, or to the location of the css file
itself? If I remember right I created a virtual mapping on my server to my
resources folder so that I could use the same basic relative path
(/resources), regardless of which template I was in. This is a server
mapping, not a CF mapping (there is an article on how to do this on CF
standalone on my blog, but you can do the same thing with a Virtual
Directory in IIS).

Cutter
_________
http://blog.cutterscrossing.com

Robert Everland III wrote:
> I just had the weirdest thing happen to me. I was messing with trying to
get a background to be transparent in firefox and IE at the same time by
following this example
http://www.daltonlp.com/daltonlp.cgi?item_type=1&item_id=217 . Firefox
wouldn't work, just kept not displaying anything. So I thought it was my
graphic, so I would put the whole path to their sample image and it would
work fine, but then I put back in my image path which is
images/yadda/yadda.png and it woudln't work, I try a gif, nothing. So just
for giggles I put the full path, and magically it works. Is there an issue
using relative paths to images with firefox in an SSL enviroment as a
background?
> 
> 
> 
> Bob
> 
> 



~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~|
Introducing the Fusion Authority Quarterly Update. 80 pages of hard-hitting,
up-to-date ColdFusion information by your peers, delivered to your door four 
times a year.
http://www.fusionauthority.com/quarterly

Archive: 
http://www.houseoffusion.com/cf_lists/message.cfm/forumid:4/messageid:246622
Subscription: http://www.houseoffusion.com/lists.cfm/link=s:4
Unsubscribe: http://www.houseoffusion.com/cf_lists/unsubscribe.cfm?user=89.70.4

Reply via email to