Hey Beru

Pretty much everything is in XML files - some are under your JRUN
root, some are under your CF root (which may or may not be under your
JRUN root). This is not really documented anywhere that I have ever
been able to locate.

We have built a deployment system that can (almost) drop & configure a
new CF instance on a JRUN server (some manual intervention required).
It can also completely replace an existing CF instance on a JRUN
server (restore to last known good config, etc..).

We did this pretty much via trial and error and hunting around and I
would imagine that the specifics would vary from my environment to
yours. Also because this is really trial and error stuff I don't feel
comfortable giving specific advice on how to do it, but looking at the
build.xml file that the war deployment option creates is probably a
good start.

We use Ant to deploy a generic CF instance using a hacked version of
that build.xml file and then again use Ant to copy relevant config
files over the top once its deployed depending on the environment we
are deploying to.

Our aims here are not back up related but I think it could be used in that way.

hth

--
Mark Stanton
Gruden Pty Ltd