I would recommend using nested lists for this.

So
<ul>
        <li>Division 1
            <ul>
                <li>Department 1-a</li>
                <li>Department 1-b</li>
            </ul>
        </li>
        <li>Division 2
            <ul>
                <li>Department 2-a</li>
                <li>Department 2-b</li>
            </ul>
        </li>
</ul>

It has the advantage of already indenting this stuff for you, and being
semantically correct.(In that these are lists of departments contained
within a list of divisions )

Terrence Ryan
Senior Systems Programmer
Wharton Computing and Information Technology