From: Brent Shaub [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, August 16, 2006 12:39 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: Select * in a view needs "recompiled"

Using MS SQL Server, I have a view that pulls a table with a "*".  I
added a column to that table, and the view's data did not reflect the
new column right away.  In Query Analyzer, if I ran the view after
adding the column from right-click "Open View", the new column wasn't
there.  If I went into design mode and clicked the "!", the new column
was there.  So in design mode, I added a space and deleted it in the SQL
then saved the view.  Now I can see the new column from right-click
"Open View".  I'm a bit let down the * isn't as dynamic as it seems.