already,
but I do hate having DB reliant code in the init, just cuz.  But I don't
hate it so
much I don't do it myself, when I "have to" ;-).

Guess there's an example for when you're building CF "websites" or CF
apps... it's different.

Guess wish list item #2 would be some way for mapped paths to work on shared
servers...
#2 is more betterer than #1 though (fine grained debug control).
Probably fundamentally undoable. (adding a mapped path without using cf
admin).

Good thing to think about though...  if they use .htaccess maybe you could
set a permission...
---> tangent:
I figured out how to create Apache md5 passwords, in case someone wants to
create
users/passwords via CF. ("Figured out" is too strong: I found a java lib
that crypts the password right;)

Not the most secure method though... (.htaccess) (and avail. depends on the
host's setup, OfCourse) :-/
:D

(ps- there's always plain old encryption too.  Six of one though... )