My last workplace had 2 CF servers (Windows, hardware load-balanced),
with traffic of around 1m query-generated page views per day.  A lot of
the leg-work was performed by MS SQL in the background, but the CF
servers held up very well.  They only really needed a restart if the
traffic went absolutely crazy, and half the time it was IIS causing
trouble rather than CF.