You mention that you do some forwarding of .do to ColdFusion.

The technote describes how to solve the problem when using default page
extensions for ColdFusion/JRun servers, i.e. .cfm, .cfc, .jsp.  When
ignoresuffixmap is false, the JRun connector gets to take a look at the
extension to look for an extension match before IIS does.  If the .do
extension (URL Pattern) is not mapped to a servlet in ColdFusion's
web.xml, then the JRun connector will not make a match, and then IIS
will inspect it unless some other connector makes a match.  If .do gets
all the way to letting IIS do the match, the jsessionid will confuse it.

-Steven Erat