> Anyone have a good solution to have the header row of a table stay
> where it is and make the data in the table scroll?
>
> Kind of like Excel... if you freeze panes you can make the header row
> with the column descriptions stay on the page, but you can scroll down
> into the data.
>
> I am trying to use DIVs with tables inside and CSS overflow:scroll;
> turned on, but getting the header row/table to be the same width and
> spacing as the data is proving to be difficult.

Try this one:

http://kryogenix.org/code/browser/sorttable/

Its about the best one I've run across so far, and the simplest to implement.
You include the javascript library, give the table an id and a class (i.e.,
class = "sortable"), and that's it. You click on the table headers and they
sort the table rows by that column, ascending or descending.

hth,

larry

--
Larry C. Lyons