From: Richard White
Sent: Monday, September 25, 2006 1:54 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: Posting variables

Hi, i am used to programming standalone computer applications not
internet applications and would really appreciate some advice.

I have a form with quite a few fields (text boxes etc...) on it. For
additiional HCI, when the user edits the form from pre-exsting data, i
like to have the fields all green, then if they edit some of the fields
they turn red, to show that the changed data needs to be saved.

To lesson the load on the database interation, i would like to program
it so that when the user clicks save changes, it only updates the
database based on the fields that are red. This is quite simple in
standalone computer apps as i just code it to look for the fields that
are red, but of course with the internet apps i cant check this as when
the user clicks submit the fields are gone.

Can anyone give me some advice on how this can be done. I am a bit lost
with this. Thanks