One of the things you have to remember about credit card is that not every
client is at the same level with using them. We have one client who just
started accepting credit cards this year.  Their Biggest concern was the "BIG
FEES" on taking credit cards. If we started to talk about adding an internet
gateway and the costs that would have most likely sunk the whole deal with them
adding credit cards.

In addition, if you are in a situation where you take credit cards in multiple
ways, Mail, Fax, Online, Offsite, etc.  You need to make sure that the option
you use works for all of those situations. Then you need a way to track all of
these different types of transactions for inventory, fiscal, etc.  Many
companies will *not* use an online system for managing these things.  So you
have to figure out a way to track all of this with their current offline
system.

It is easy to forget that there are people in this world that do not have
computers at their desk that have internet access and many that do have on
dial-up. (gasp the horror!)

J..