Thanks Guys, that is some excellent info to keep in mind.

(and that I sometimes forget to think about (e.g. worked fine in
dev mode, how come it's all squirrly now?!?! ;)).

Yet I went with the "thread safe" ajax stuff at first... just cuz...
how haphazard of me. =P

I vow to become a more aware coder.  Vow it I say!
:Denny