From: Derek Bezuidenhout [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 03 October 2006 14:50
To: CF-Talk
Subject: SQL 'Invalid Object Name' on Insert, after Create Table

Hey folks,
I'm having trouble with inserting into a table I've just created.

As a summary of what I'm doing:
- if the table exists, delete it
- create the table
- read from the table to prove it's there
- insert into the table
*splat* : "Invalid object name..."

I can post the full code and error if you want.

All the other forum posts around the web say things like:
- check the user permissions
    - the user in the datasource has db_owner, and for good measure
db_datawriter, db_datareader.
- reference the table in the INSERT with the owner (ie: dbo.tablename)
    - I've gone so far as to look up the owner in sysobjects
- if using JDBC driver then set selectMode=cursor
    - done

Thought it might be related to http://support.microsoft.com/kb/837970/ so
I'm now running this on a different new fresh SQL server, with SP4
installed.

The same error occurs on CF5 and CFMX7.

Even when I try the Insert without the Create Table it fails.  (ie: run once
so table is created, then rem out the Create Table bit and run it again.)

All suggestions welcome...