From: Rick King [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Tuesday, October 03, 2006 4:39 PM
To: CF-Talk
Subject: Buy Now Paypal integration workflow

Anyone ever have this issue when integrating a Buy Now button from Paypal?

I have a site where a user posts a listing for an item, say a shirt. They
are also allowed to upload 3 images for that item. I'm charge a listing fee
that equals a percentage of the asking price of that item (say 5%).

Once the user fills out the details, and uploads the images, they go to the
review page. If they approve it, they are sent to Paypal, where thay pay the
listing fee, then are returned to my site.

However, how can I make sure that they've completed the Paypal transaction,
since their item has already been posted? I'm trying to figure out a way
that their item won't be posted until after they've completed the Paypal
transaction. Would session variables still work after they've left my site,
gone to Paypal, and come back?

Thanks