On 10/16/06, Doug Bezona <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Honestly though, the conclusion you probably should be coming to here is
> not to depend on the referrer info being present for anything
> meaningful, since there are a lot of things a potential user could have
> installed, or ways a browser might be set, that can interfere with it.

Okay, sorry for ignoring the comments that I shouldn't be relying on
the referer. This is a system where there is some control over the
user's browser. It is online software where certain requirements can
be met. However, I tried adjusting both the security and privacy
settings but no help. Also, there isn't any firewall or other software
blockage. This is just my local machine.

So the question at hand should be how can you make a link that will go
back one page (that page being unknown) and refresh it? I'm thinking I
may have to make the calling page(s) submit a form with a hidden
variable that I can use.

--
Matt Williams
"It's the question that drives us."