Here is the reason CFINCLUDES are things to not
really worry about :)

Like most sane languages there is a phase of interpreting
/compilation (to Pcode in this case) called preprocessing.

In Preprocessing you would include any CFINCLUDES making
all of your cfincludes one template. So it takes the
merest of moments for CF to preprocess the file and
even in some cases it is already in PCode and there is
no need to recompile.

So after the preprocessing phase it begins the actual
interpreting portion.

In fact (GCC as an example) has a seperate program called
cpp which is "C preprocessor" basically this file expands
any macro's includes and include files and prepares the
program to actually be compiled.

CF does things much the same way so this is why its really
not a factor for the small hit it costs, the gains in
terms of ease of use and code writing are well worth it.

Jeremy Allen
[EMAIL PROTECTED]