Okay, this is going to get pretty anal, so children should avert
their eyes...

In order to use the backreference Nathan is describing, you'd need to
wrap the keyword in parentheses:

REReplaceNoCase(stringVar, "\b(architect)\b", "<html to highlight>\1</
html to highlight>", "ALL")

:-D Told you that was going to be picky, but Nathan's right.  You
need all that other stuff to do anything useful.  I was lazier than I
should have been in my initial response.

Rob Wilkerson